We are delighted to announce a call for nominations for Bloomberg Law’s new award, Pro Bono Innovators.
We seek to recognize a selection of law firms, businesses and non-profit organizations that are successfully innovating in their approaches to pro bono customer service. We seek to celebrate lawyers across the United States and beyond who work to uphold the rule of law for underserved communities.
We are looking for cutting edge pro bono records in a range of practice areas that would encompass the following:
- Business has had a wide impact on society, through legal or political change.
- Topics involved innovative teamwork between law firms, businesses and / or non-profit organizations.
- The difficulty of resolving issues required lawyers to devote a great deal of time, strategy and ingenuity to resolving them.
- The cases benefited from the perspectives of various legal teams. (These teams may include lawyers of diverse gender, geography, race, culture, ability and / or orientation. They may also include lawyers who collaborate in various areas of practice and / or law firms. lawyers.)
- Please include descriptions of at least 4 important pro bono issues that your team (s) resolved between November 18, 2020 and November 18, 2021.
- You can also include descriptions of up to 2 open cases. In this case, include a description of any intermediate successes achieved for your clients in this ongoing business.
- List the lawyers involved and indicate whether the co-counsel was involved in each case submitted. If the questions included the participation of a co-counsel, describe the respective percentage of work that each company or entity handled. Number of words : Do not exceed 1,500 words in total for descriptions of pro bono questions and lists of lawyers.
- Include a brief summary of the pro bono history of the business, business, or nonprofit organization. Number of words : Do not exceed 500 words for this summary.
- You can also submit supporting documents such as news clips or brief letters of recommendation from pro bono clients. Word Count: Client letters should not exceed 500 words each. And limit the total length of additional documents to four pages or less.
- Appointment limits: Law firm, corporate or non-profit can send only one submission representative of the pro bono work of this entity from November 18, 2020 to November 18, 2021. Our judges will not consider multiple submissions from the same law firm, corporation or non-profit organization.
- Number of words : Please note that the word count will be strictly observed.